Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An update... finally!

It's been a while... Fortunately there has been progress! On my Apartment Therapy 'Spring Cure' list of things to do from months ago (Spring in the USA that is... not Australian spring!) I wanted to update our guest bedroom. By the time we painted the study, hung the vintage destination blind, assembled the Ikea panel curtains and did a bit of a furniture revamp I'd pretty much run out of steam. On top of that something very exciting happened in the meantime that was a very pleasant distraction... I became pregnant! 

So we decided to take things a bit easier and hired a painter to paint the guest room (white... like the rest of our place) and finish off a few bits of painting here and there. It was money well spent with the job being done in a day and a half versus a couple of weekends which it would have taken us since we're just not that efficient with painting.

In the meantime I've been busying myself with getting a nursery ready for my baby which will be born in February. I'll be posting more about the nursery and shopping for baby soon! 

So what else is there to do now to complete the guest room project? We have to pick some new door handles for the bedrooms and a passageway, hang some venetian blinds, reassemble the furniture and I still need to paint those bedside tables! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you're back blogging again and congrats on the wonderful news! :)

    I have another couple of friends who are also due next Feb so I'll be keen to read your baby updates. It's always nice to get an idea for presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Catherine!! What wonderful news! All the best for the coming months & happy decorating.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete