Friday, March 19, 2010

Making a style tray

This morning I've been working on my style tray or mood board for the study. It's actually been quite a consuming project as I select photos and then refine my selections to try and capture the essence of what I want to achieve. It's definitely a work in progress and so far I've only compiled images from the web - I still have some design books and magazines to consult.

I jumped onto Image Spark to help me make a moodboard (which I'm still working on). Here's what I've gathered so far.

These are two of my favourite images:



I like neutral colour palettes and clean lines and vintage schoolhouse elements to add some interest. I do want to try and keep the room feeling a bit more feminine though with some pops of colour (turquoise or duck egg blue perhaps) here and there. Hopefully I can meld these elements together!

I already have some basics - birch coloured Billy bookshelves, a white Ikea desk and a little Magis chest of drawers for stationary etc. One decorative element I'm keen to include is my vintage tram scroll which is of sentimental value to me because it was a gift from my Dad who salvaged it many years ago and it also lists destinations around the area in which I live.





2 comments:

  1. hi catherine, your post remind me it's time to put together my vision board!! happy "curing"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that tram scroll is so cool! you have to find the perfect spot for it!

    ReplyDelete