Saturday, March 20, 2010

Guest Bedroom Style Tray

This morning I again scoured Google and Flickr for inspiring guest bedroom images. I'm trying to largely work with things I own to cut down on costs. I already have the following:
  • Ikea Hemnes bed frame in white
  • 2 x vintage Queen Anne leg bedside tables with drawer
  • Queen Anne chest of drawers
  • Plenty of bedlinen to choose from
So what I really have to do is just remix some of those things. I plan on updating the furniture with some new drawer pulls (why oh why does Anthropologie cost SO MUCH to ship to Australia!) and paint it gloss white. I have also toyed with painting it a bright fun colour but I can't commit to bright at this stage! Maybe when I see the room start to take better shape.

I find this picture very inspiring as it captures the mood of what I want: neutral, white, crisp, clean with just one colourful feature.


Image from Flickr click for original

I've made another moodboard (again using Image Spark which is good for those who are graphically-challenged). Click here to see it!

I'm going to spend this afternoon flicking through design books and my large collection of Real Living magazines for further inspiration and I'm going to catch up on the blogs of the other Curer's who I am following!

No comments:

Post a Comment